Barbershop Quartet... Barbershop Quartet...

wow...

Just so fucking hilarious man.. can't stop laughing.

The Facebook Problem The Facebook Problem

hahaha dude

man this is great. lol.

Tarboy Tarboy

Man,

This is extremely good, and please make more of this!

Eradicate Defiance Eradicate Defiance

Interesting stuff. The song without the drums kinda reminds me a bit of simcity 2000's sound track. very old school-y type sound.

On that note, the arrangement doesn't make any sense to me. It just feels like you added synths every four bars, took them out, then repeated.

Also, this song doesn't have any bass. This is a dance song, and most of the time they do need a bass to make the song danceble!

Overall, you have mastered the basics in electronic music, all you need now is to practice more and improve the quality of your sound.

Keep it up. Have a listen to my new tune once you get the chance. :)

carl565 responds:

Thanks for the review! I couldnt find an appropriate bassline to put into the song, so I left it out. Perhaps before adding this to an album I will add one. I have a thing for repeated melodies, and so do most of the reviewers. They say that after awhile the melody gets old and that I don't change it enough, therefore, I change it up every so often.

~SW~ What Life In Ruin ~SW~ What Life In Ruin

spooky. I really like the arpped synth you used. It added a nice vice since everything had a bunch of reverb and delay while this one didn't.

I guess my only comment is to make this longer. I don't think the mood settled in quite just yet.

it's all up to you in the end. keep up the good work. :)

SkyeWint responds:

Hoa!

"I really like the arpped synth you used. It added a nice vice since everything had a bunch of reverb and delay while this one didn't."
...okay, I'm sorry. I have to laugh at this. It didn't have reverb, but it DEFINITELY had delay on it. :P In fact, I think the only thing that didn't have reverb and delay was the bass, which just had a loooooooong release time and was set so the volume on it would be completely off for the first half of each beat.

"make this longer"
I would so do that. D: Only problem is, the song was supposed to be 90 seconds or less. Making it a bit more than 90 seconds was pushing it.

Glad you liked it though! :D

~SW~ Into the Fray ~SW~ Into the Fray

That's wild. Kind of reminds me of Jazz jack rabbit 2... that game has music similar to this.

my only comment is too make your drums louder and make sure that your melodic instruments are in the foreground... so that I wouldn't have to turn things down or up when it got too loud or too quiet.

Anyways, that's my take on it. keep it up. have a listen to my new ambient tune whenever you can. :)

SkyeWint responds:

Heya!

"that game has music similar to this."
Oh, really? I'll have to look that up at some point.

"make your drums louder and make sure that your melodic instruments are in the foreground..."
I think if I turned them up any louder, they'd clip like mad. :P I'd rather it be quiet than clipping. Not TOO quiet, of course, but still. They're audible, at the very least. Besides - dynamic range is a good thing. :P There's not THAT much of it in this song, but some.

"that's my take on it. keep it up"
And it is much appreciated. ^_^ I most certainly will.

"have a listen to my new ambient tune whenever you can. :)"
You will have a review on it in the next 24 hours.

Princess Altiana Portrait Princess Altiana Portrait